Live cooking demonstration by Sprout Cooking School
Level 1 Fresh Food Mall, near Aldi. View Map
Orecchiette with Brussels sprouts & rosemary breadcrumbs
Be inspired watching chefs from Sprout Cooking School cook up a storm right in front of your eyes. And before you go home to recreate this dish why not try it and make sure you like it.
SHOPPING LIST (Serves 4)
100g Cheddar, grated
50g Parmesan, finely grated
1 Medium bread roll, torn into pieces
2 Rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
6 Anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
4 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoon olive oil
Large handful Brussel sprouts quartered
3 Spring onions, thinly sliced
1½ Cups orecchiette pasta
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons plain flour
2 Cups milk
2 Tablespoons seeded mustard
• Boil a large saucepan of water. Place pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
• Melt butter in a medium saucepan over heat. Add flour and stir, for one minute or until mixture bubbles. Gradually whisk in milk.
• Cook and stir, for 3-4 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens then remove from heat. Stir in cheeses, mustard and cooked pasta.
• To make the rosemary bread crumbs, place the bread roll, rosemary, anchovies and one garlic clove in a small food processor. Blitz until finely chopped.
• Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumb mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden and fragrant.
• Return pan to the heat with remaining one tablespoon oil. Add Brussel sprouts and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened and golden. Add spring onion and remaining three garlic cloves for the last 30 seconds of cooking. Stir through pasta and sauce.
Recipe from Sprout Cooking School