The Athlete's Foot: 5 steps to keep your workout goals on track
The beginning of a week, a month or even a reason is the perfect time to work on any resolutions we’ve set ourselves, or check in on existing goals to see how well we are sticking to them. To avoid stepping back into bad habits, it’s important to break down our goals into small steps so that they are more of a reality.
And the time to do it is now! After-all, it only takes 21 days to make something into a habit. Here are some tips on how to make it happen.
1. Schedule it
Keep an exercise diary or download an app. If you start missing days, you’ll start thinking that it’s not a priority, so think about what works best for you and stick with it.
2. Think positively
A positive mind brings a positive person. Reminding yourself how tired you are will only encourage feeling of dread and distaste. Instead, look yourself in the mirror, smile and say “I can do this”.
3. Have the right equipment
You want to be comfortable while trying to reach your fitness goals. Find the fit for you at your local Athlete's Foot store.
Pictured clockwise from top left: Adidas Womens Pureboost X Ray Red trainers, New Balance Womens Fresh Foam Cruz Incense trainers, Nike Air Zoom Vomero 13 Womens trainers in black, Merrell Womens Albany Lace Wild trainers in Dove all available at The Athlete's Foot.
4. Have a group work-out session
Some like to do exercise on their own, others feel that being surrounded by others working out motivates them to do the same. So join a class, go for a walk with a couple of girlfriends or if you’ve got kids, bring them along in the pram too.
5. Stress less by eating the right foods
Balancing out aspects of your life is super stressful and eating certain foods can make your fitness goals seem like less of a sweat. Try:
- Avocado on toast to reduce blood-sugar spikes.
- Increase your intake of pro-biotic rich foods like kefir, yoghurt and miso soup to keep that Serotonin pumping.
- Have a handful of cashews, walnuts or almonds to help you fall asleep easier.
- Blueberries and raspberries to stay focused.
- Replace coffee for green tea to reduce anxious feelings and stay relaxed and alert.
Find a store here.