The Secret Life of Pets 2 no-bake tarts
We dare you watch The Secret Life of Pets 2 and not become obsessed with the characters. There is literally no way you can avoid falling in love with them all. To celebrate the movie’s release, we turned their cute faces into no-bake tarts using ingredients we found at Westfield. Because there is no heat or sharp knives used in this recipe, the kids can really make this project their own. So, relax and enjoy a rare school holidays cuppa.
- A packet of Cherry Bakewell tarts
- Fondant in all different colours (brown can be hard to find, but you can just brush some cocoa powder on white fondant to make your own)
- Icing decorations (We got these at Coles)
- Baking paper
- A rolling pin
- A disposable shot glass or small cookie cutter the same size as the tart
- A paintbrush
- Using the pictures as a guide, start rolling and cutting out your fondant to create the cute characters from The Secret Life of Pets 2.
- For each character, we started by covering the tart with a circle of their face’s primary colour. It’s your choice if you want to take the cherry off the tart before you do this or not.
- Now get creative and mix colours, build their faces and use the toothpick to help you shape the more fiddly bits.
- Depending on the temperature, you may not need to use anything to stick the decorations in place, but if the fondant isn’t sticky, paint a tiny bit of water onto the fondant where you want to place the eye/bow/mouth and just pop it on.