Nuts Galore: Date Honey Nut Cake
Try this delicious recipe for date honey nut cake- a moist dairy-free cake bursting with flavour.
Nuts Galore are here with a recipe so you can make your own in the comfort of your own kitchen.
1 cup whole dates
1 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 180°C Place dates into a bowl and cover them with very hot water. Let the dates soak while you prepare the cake batter.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, brown sugar, honey, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir till a thick batter forms.
5. Drain water from the dates. Pit the dates, then chop the fruit into small chunks.
6. Fold the walnuts and date chunks into the batter.
7. Generously grease your loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into loaf pan.
8. Place loaf pan in preheated oven. Bake cake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and set on a wire rack to cool
Head to Nuts Galore Instagram for more delicious recipes.