Franck Provost: 5 party hairstyles for summer
Take note of these five hairstyles perfect for those summer parties coming your way. Easy to achieve in a few steps, the experts at Franck Provost tell us how.
1. Soft half bun
The beauty of this look is that it is quick to achieve and can be finished
differently depending on what look you are after. For example, if you want a
more casual, beachy vibe, use a texture spray such as L’Oréal Professionnel
Wild Stylers Beach Waves and let your hair dry naturally. This texturising salt
water spray gives you that trendy beach hair effect for tousled, sexy hair with a
matte finish. If you want a more polished look, add some waves to clean hair
and finish with a dash of shine spray. Below is a how to for a polished finish.
- First, to achieve the right texture, curl the mid-lengths and ends of the hair with a large iron or tong in the same direction towards the back of the head and brush through to create a soft wave.
- Once the waves are settled, part hair from ear to ear, using your fingers to brush the hair into a half ponytail at the back of the head.
- Tie the ponytail with a hair band, then twist the hair into a small bun and secure it with some pins, using L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium hairspray and Kérastase VIP Volume In volume spray to set the style.
PRO-TIP: Hair that hasn’t been freshly washed works best for upstyles, as it
has more volume and natural texture. If your hair is fine and needs a bit of a
texture boost, sprinkle some dust such as L’Oréal Tecni.Art Super Dust
through the roots and mid-lengths and massage into dry hair. This will
provide volume and grip.
2. Low loose chignon
- Create your desired part line, then brush hair into a low ponytail, keeping the tension quite loose so that it falls across the top of the ears. Secure with a hair band. Pull hair out around the face for a soft, romantic look.
- Create a loose braid with the ponytail and add some L’Oréal Tecni-Art Super Dust to the plait. This is particularly effective if you have fine hair, as it adds volume without teasing the hair.
- Stretch the braid out by pulling the hair out softly with your fingers to add width and texture. Create the desired shape at the nape of the neck and pin to secure.
- Fix the style with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium hairspray. You can also use a small tong to put some soft waves in the pieces around your face and comb them through with your fingers so they are not too curly.
3. Soft perm waves with a low nape knot
The permed look was everywhere on global runways this season. If you love
the look but don’t want to venture down the ‘permanent’ perm road, here’s
how to get the look.
- Use a wand…and remember, the smaller the barrel, the tighter the curl. The easiest way to curl your hair is to section it and clip the top half up and away from the rest of the hair.
- From the bottom section take 1-2 inch pieces of hair and wind them around the wand, away from the face. Stick to one direction to keep the curls uniform.
- Do the same for the top section. If you want a looser wave, only wind up to the top of your ear.
- Once you’ve finished, rake through the curls with your fingers to loosen the waves and create volume. Sprinkle with a little dust such as L’Oréal Tecni-Art Super Dust around the crown to hold the wave.
- Next, create a low side part. With your hands, brush the hair into low loose ponytail on the opposite side of your part line and secure with an elastic.
- Twist the ponytail into a small bun and secure with pins. Pull some pieces out around the face and spray lightly with L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium hairspray to set the
4. Victoria's Secret romantic waves
Go glam or beachy, depending on your preference, with the addition of a few
- Apply Kérastase Densifique Mousse evenly throughout damp hair.
- Create your desired parting, then section the hair and pin the top away.
- Starting at the nape, take one-inch sections and with a small round brush, blowdry hair to create volume, working through the entire head.
- Use a flat iron to create movement in the hair by alternating the direction of the curls. Clamp each section firmly and twist the iron 180 degrees, holding the iron with the cord end in the air (like curling ribbon with scissors).
- Scrunch L'Oréal Wild Styler Beach Waves through the curls and dress out until happy with the desired texture. This texturising salt water spray creates tousled, sexy hair with a matte finish. If you prefer a smoother, more glamorous look, gently brush your waves with a bristle brush and swap the salt for a mist of shine spray, such as L’Oreal Tecni.Art Wet Domination.
5. Add accessories
If you’re in a rush and don’t have hours to spend on your hair before a night
on the town, invest in a few glamorous hair accessories to take your locks
from drab to fab in an instant. Golden hair slides (use multiples to make a
statement), bejeweled clips or barrettes, even floral headbands or mini
fascinators (we mean mini, not racewear) can all make a stylish statement in
a matter of minutes.
Visit Franck Provost to talk everything hair with the experts today.