Essential Beauty: A guide to your first Brazilian Wax
Getting your first XXX Brazilian Wax can be a bit daunting for most people. That said, the awkward factor goes away pretty quickly, and the long lasting and effective results are worth it when compared to shaving, home waxing and other hair removal methods!
If you're weighing up waxing versus laser hair removal, there are a couple of things to consider. Waxing thins out hairs over time, meaning you may eventually experience sparse hair growth. Laser hair reduction will kill hairs which may never grow back. If you are sure you will want to keep the same bikini style forever, laser could be the right choice for you. However, remember that trends come and go - yes, even for your bikini area!
Essential Beauty are celebrating waxing for 30 years!
Here is what you need to know before you get your first XXX Brazilian Bikini Wax:
1. Hair should be approximately ½ a centimeter long (about the length of a grain of rice). Do not shave before your first appointment, you can trim the area carefully, making sure you aren’t going too short, use a comb to trim for more control. If you aren’t sure, it is best to leave the area and your beauty therapist will trim this for you prior to waxing.
2. Think about what bikini style you want. At Essential Beauty we have many other options other than our signature XXX Brazilian Wax. Choose from our full range of options
3. Lightly exfoliate the area 24-48 hours prior to your appointment to remove dead skin. Remember not to exfoliate on the day of your appointment, as this can irritate the area. Moisturise your skin on the days before, but do not apply moisturiser on the day of your waxing appointment as it will interfere with your results.
4. Tell your beauty therapist if you are sunburnt, have dry skin, have a cut or any form of infected area, and if you are taking any medications such as antibiotics or steroid creams, as they can make the skin thinner than usual and prone to skin lift.
5. Before your wax, your beauty therapist will give you time to prepare. You will be supplied with a disposable garment for modesty, which also helps throughout the waxing procedure to support the skin as hair is removed.
6. Will it hurt? Possibly a little. Especially for the first time! It is a sensitive area after all! Don’t worry, most regular waxers say there is minimal discomfort during a Brazilian wax as hairs become more sparse over time. A good idea is to book your wax including Sensitive Hot Wax, as it is much more gentle on the skin but with the same great results as strip wax.
7. The only hairs that may be left behind will be any short hairs from other forms of hair removal such as shaving, or from a new hair cycle that may have started. However, now that you’ve started a regular waxing routine, your waxing results will get better and better, with no sharp stubble or itchy regrowth.
8. You might be red and a bit spotty post wax. Don’t worry, this will go away overnight. Avoid excessive sweating, saunas, spas, steam rooms, pools or lying in the sun for at least 48 hours.
9. Enjoy your XXX Brazilian wax, see you in 4-6 weeks!