Supplements and superfoods with Karina Chorley
From protein powders, intra workouts, pre workouts and weight loss supplements to meals, body composition scans and wellness advice; My Supplement Store offer face to face customised advice on some of the world’s finest health and fitness supplements.
Karina Chorley visited My Supplement Store to find something to support her workouts.
Products in discussion: Supplements and superfoods. I picked up items for morning smoothies for myself and my partner.
- hemp seeds
- maca powder
- collegen protein (for me)
- collagen protein (for Chris)
About the store: The store is located just near David Jones/Target entrance. It’s absolutely full of goodies and the way it’s set it's a really easy to understand and navigate.
About the store staff: Absolute legends! Super helpful and knowledgable - also very approachable and non-judgemental. I had a million questions (as usual!) and the team was totally happy to help.
About the products: All the products are extremely high quality and they have organic options available.
How you feel after the smoothie: Totally energised for the day. It’s jam packed with goodies and if I stay hydrated I usually don’t feel hungry until about 12:30 (I consume the smoothie at about 7:30am).
Parking/public transport access: You can park just above the store and zip inside if you need!
Highlights: The knowledge and direction on collagen protein options. I try not to have many processed items in my diet and Samantha totally got that and was so helpful providing me with the right options.
Find Karina's super smoothie recipe below:
Ingredients to blend:
- Your choice of milk (and your choice of amount depending the size you would like the smoothie!) my favourite is home made almond and cashew milk or Nutty Bruce oat milk
- Frozen fruit (I use 1/2 banana and 5-8 berries)
- Fresh organic baby spinach (I get mine from the organic markets and the leaves are HUGE!)
- 1 tsp organic maca powder
- 1 tsp organic hemp seeds (Hemp seeds are amazing, they are a complete source of protein, providing all nine essential amino acids)
- 1 tsp almond, cashew and brazil nut butter
- 1 x medjool date
- 1 tsp organic cacao (optional if you want chocolate vibes)
- 1 tsp organic mesquite powder (optional if you want caramel, sweet vibes)
collagen protein of choice. For me, I have Rule 1 Collagen - perfect to support hair, skin, nails and joints. For Chris, he has Cyborg Sport Collagen Pro - high in protein, dairy and carb free, gentle on the stomach
Usually on the weekends I will treat myself and make this recipe into a smoothie bowl. All you have to do is add extra frozen fruit or ice to change the texture. Then add toppings of choice such as almond butter, granola etc.
Visit Sam and the team at My Supplement Store today!