From pancakes to parfait, read on to discover the easiest recipes that kids and grownups are guaranteed to love making.
Shop the best fresh produce to make these yummy recipes at Woolworths & Coles.
Easy chocolate chip pancakes
Grab the kids for all the egg-cracking, flour-stirring, spoon-licking and excessive chocolate chip-topping fun. These delicious chocolatey bites are also perfect smothered in maple syrup, fruits and Nutella too. Trust us, this is a recipe you'll want to double!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk (you can also use non-dairy milk such as soy, oat or almond)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup of milk or dark chocolate chips (more to snack on while cooking)
- Cut fruit, maple syrup and Nutella to serve
- Sieve flour into a large bowl and combine with sugar.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk and the egg. Rest batter for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large fry pan and pour excess into the pancake mixture, briefly whisk to combine.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture into the fry pan, sprinkle on chocolate chips and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until lots of bubbles form on the pancake's surface and begin to break.
- Flip the pancake and cook on the other side until puffed and set. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve Mum her pancakes with his favourite fruit, a drizzle of maple syrup and lashings of Nutella.
Start the day with a satisfying shakshuka that is guaranteed to bring a smile to their face.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium brown onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp harissa dried spice mix
- 800g canned diced tomatoes
- 50g tomato paste
- 4 free range eggs
- 8 green olives
- 180g halloumi
- Olive oil for cooking
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Toasted crusty bread
- Sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat in a heavy based fry pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the onion becomes transparent, add the diced capsicum and continue to sauté for a further couple of minutes, until the capsicum starts to soften.
- Add the spices and stir through.
- Pour in the can of diced tomatoes along with the tomato paste and a good pinch of sea salt. Stir through, place a lid on, slightly ajar, and turn the heat down slightly to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. If the sauce is too thick a little water can be added.
- Once the sauce is thick and rich, make a little well and gently crack an egg into it, repeat the process for all 4 eggs. Add the olives around the eggs and place the lid back on and allow to simmer until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- While the eggs are cooking warm up another fry pan to medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Slice the halloumi into 4-5mm thick slices and gently fry on each slide until golden brown.
- Serve the shakshuka in its cooking pan with the grilled halloumi placed over the top and a handful of freshly chopped parsley sprinkled over, with toasted crusty bread to the side.
Recipe credit: Recipe created by Bonnie Coumbe for Australian Onions
Apple and muesli breakfast parfait
Take your morning muesli to the next level with these beautiful layered Kanzi apple breakfast parfaits. Naturally sweet and deliciously tangy, apples are a quick and easy way to squeeze some extra goodness into your breakfast.
- ½ cup muesli
- 1 medium KANZI® apple
- Your choice of yoghurt, to serve
- Layer ¼ cup of muesli in a glass, followed by a few spoonfuls of yoghurt.
- Finely grate the Kanzi apple, and layer half on top of your yoghurt.
- Add the rest of the muesli and yoghurt to the glass, and top with the remaining grated Kanzi.
- Optional: serve with a few extra slices of Kanzi apple, for added crunch.
Recipe created by Kanzi Apple Australia.
Need some more gifting inspo? Check out the best gifts to warm her heart here >
Discover what else is happening at Westfield Tea Tree Plaza here >