With a compact, high-mobility design, a constant F2.8 aperture and O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabiliser) built-in, the Panasonic Leica G X 12-35mm f/2.8 Power OIS Lens covers virtually any shooting situation. Designed to replace the outgoing LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35 mm / F2.8 II ASPH. as one of Panasonic's highest quality LUMIX G Micro Four Thirds lenses, it has been engineered to rigorous optical standards from LEICA and boasts a rugged splash- and dust-resistant* design capable of operating in harsh environments and at temperatures down to -10º Celsius - despite weighing just 306g.
The LEICA DG VARIO-ELMARIT 12-35mm / F2.8 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. is comprised of fourteen lens elements in nine groups including four aspherical lenses, one UED (Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion) lens and one UHR (Ultra High Refractive Index) lens to achieve high optical performance. The UHR lens has an updated design with higher transmittance for natural colour reproduction. Panasonic's unique Nano Surface Coating reduces reflections across the entire visible light range and, working in tandem with a new light-shielding component, minimises ghosting and flare. The filter diameter is 58mm, with a 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm, providing attractive bokeh in out-of-focus areas of the image.
For greater versatility, the new lens features a shorter focusing distance of 0.15m (at wide-end) with a larger magnification ratio of 0.21x (at 17mm), compared to the LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm / F2.8 II ASPH which offered 0.25m focusing distance and 0.17x magnification.
The lens offers silent, high precision autofocus. It incorporates a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing, and micro-step aperture control for smooth exposure changes during recording. Dual I.S. 2 combines the camera's Body I.S. and the lens' O.I.S. to provide effective hand-shake correction. These features make the lens suitable for professional video production as well as still photography.
Key Features of the Panasonic Leica G X 12-35mm f/2.8 Power OIS Lens
- Versatile large-aperture Micro Four Thirds lens with a 12-35mm zoom range (equivalent to 24-70mm on a 35mm camera)
- O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabiliser)
- Fourteen lens elements in nine groups including four aspherical lenses, one UED (Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion) lens and one updated UHR (Ultra High Refractive Index) lens to achieve high optical performance.
- 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm
- Nano Surface Coating
- Silent, high precision autofocus with a mechanism that suppresses focus breathing, plus micro-step aperture control for smooth exposure changes during recording
- Rugged splash- and dust-resistant design
- Lightweight 306g
- 58mm filter diameter
- MPN - H-ES12035GC
- GTIN - 8887549827198