1:72 Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I
The Boulton-Paul Defiant was the only 'turret fighter' to enter service with the RAF. The Defiant used the philosophy that a fighter aircraft, armed solely with a turret bristling with machine guns would be able to enter a bomber stream causing havoc and the turret would also enable it to defend itself from enemy fighters.
During its first few engagements during the Battle of Britain in 1940, enemy pilots were taken by surprise and the Defiant fared well but soon the Luftwaffe pilots worked out its weaknesses, especially the lack of forward firing guns and the Defiant was soon relegated to night fighting duties were it fared better.
- Item Length - Without Packaging (cm): 15
- Item Height - Without Packaging (cm): 4.79
- Item Width - Without Packaging (cm): 16.6
- How many pieces will be found in the box opened by the customer?: 70
- Item Scale: 1:72
- License line: BAE SYSTEMS is a registered trade mark of BAE Systems plc.
- Contents (what's in the box) sets: Sprues & decals
- Finish: Plastic
- Number of Scheme options: 2
- Skill Level: 1
- Flying Hours: 1
- Wingspan (mm): 166
Customize your kit and take your creation to another level with our selection of paint sets.