Moroccan Couscous with Roasted Vegetables, falafel and vegan cheese
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 packet of Orgran falafel mix
1 packet From Basque with love- Moroccan couscous – Apricot and Pistacio
2 cups of water
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 4cm batons
2 beetroots, peeled and cut into 4cm batons
1 cup Red sweet potato, peeled and cut into 4cm baton
1 onion, peeled and sliced into wedges
1 bunch of broccolini
2 tbs olive oil
3 cloves garlic, smashed
Hemp parmesan and mint to taste
1 lemon freshly squeezed
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoons garlic, minced
Pinch of dried oregano
Pinch of salt
You can pick up all your ingredients at the Healthshop and The Fruit & Deli Co.
- Prepare falafel according to packet directions and set aside.
- Prepare couscous according to packet directions and set aside.
- Peel and cut the carrots, sweet potato and beetroot into 4 cm batons.
- Peel and cut onion into wedges, smash garlic and peel.
- Take the tips of the stalks of the broccolini, wash and dry.
- Place all the vegetables on a tray and drizzle with olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180c for 20 mins until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, add the content of the couscous packet into a bowl and add 2 cups of boiling water and stir with a fork.
- Cover and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork.
- Deep fry falafel until golden brown, set aside on absorbent paper.
- Serve the couscous on a platter with the roasted vegetables, add the falafel rissoles on top.
- Drizzle with lemon vinaigrette and serve with Hemp Parmesan and mint.