Easy chocolate custard apple sorbet
• 1 medium custard apple or approx 1 cup flesh
• 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder (18g)
• Pinch sea salt
• 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
• 1 tbsp almond or coconut milk,
• 2 tbsp cacao nibs or chopped dark chocolate (24g)
- Scoop custard apple from the skin and remove seeds. Discard seeds and skin. Place custard apple flesh and any juices on a lined tray. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm (frozen custard apple will still be pliable).
- Blend frozen custard apple flesh until it starts to form a sorbet. Add the cacao and sea salt and blend again until smooth. Add the milk if necessary to make blending easier.
- Stir through cacao nibs or chopped chocolate.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer until required. If serving from the freezer allow sorbet to soften on the bench for 10 minutes before scooping.
Custard apple is quite sweet, however you can add a teaspoon or two of maple syrup to taste, if necessary.