Honey, pineapple and chilli lamb leg
By Australian Beef.
Get cool with this sweet and spicy combo.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 35 hours
- 1.2kg butterflied lamb leg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, sliced into 1 1/2 cm thick pieces
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped + extra, to serve (optional)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime + extra wedges, to serve
- 300g kale slaw kit (with dressing)
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped + extra sprigs, to serve
- Microwave brown rice, to serve
- Finely chop 1 slice of pineapple. Place in a medium bowl and combine with oil, fish sauce, honey, chilli, lime zest and juice. Season. Place marinade and lamb in a large snap lock bag or glass bowl, turn to coat and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Drain lamb from marinade and cook lamb for 4-5 minutes each side or until charred. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a further 10- 12 minutes, turning and glazing with any remaining marinade, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, set aside on a plate covered loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Spray remaining pineapple lightly with oil and cook in same pan or barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred.
- Place kale slaw in a large bowl, add coriander and dressing. Season and toss to coat.
- Slice lamb and serve with slaw, pineapple, rice, extra chilli (optional), lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
- Up the heat by adding 1 extra chilli or 1tsp of cayenne pepper to the marinade. For less heat, remove seeds from chilli.
- Lamb shoulder or lamb leg (bone-in) would also work well in this recipe.