Nuts Galore: Granola Recipe
This delicious healthy granola recipe is naturally sweetened and made with your favorite nuts and fruit.
Nuts Galore are here with a recipe so you can make your own in the comfort of your own kitchen.
4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups raw nuts and/or seeds
1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried fruit, chopped if large
Totally optional additional mix-ins: 1/2 cup chocolate chips or coconut flakes*
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
3. Pour in the oil, maple syrup and/or honey and vanilla. Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
4. Bake until lightly golden, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway (for extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer). The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
5. Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes). Top with the dried fruit (and optional chocolate chips, if using).
6. 6. Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks, or stir it around with a spoon if you don’t want extra-clumpy granola.
Head to Nuts Galore Instagram for more delicious recipes.