Refreshing avocado watermelon salad
Avocado, watermelon and feta - does it get any better? This fresh salad tastes just as good as it looks and will take you less than 25 minutes to create.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 cups watermelon, diced
- ¼ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ feta cheese block, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Find the freshest produce at Carousel Fruit Barn.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil and lime juice and set aside.
- Place avocado, watermelon, tomatoes and red onion in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad and gently stir everything to combine.
- Let sit covered in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle feta cheese on top and add salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: To choose a perfectly ripe avocado, simply give the top a gentle press. If it gives slightly, it is ready to eat.
Every delicious looking salad deserves to be served in an equally good looking bowl, so head to David Jones or Myer to shop their beautiful homewares range.