Make your body sing with this banana smoothie bowl recipe
Australians are set to celebrate the nation’s favorite snack with the first ever National Banana Day set to take place on Wednesday May 1. Celebrate all things na-na with this delicious banana smoothie bowl recipe for a perfectly healthy start to your day.
- 2 large ripe Cavendish bananas
- 125g (8) strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1¼ cups chilled coconut water
- ⅔ cup greek yoghurt
- 100g (¾ cup) frozen mango
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 tsp honey
- Toasted muesli, sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced banana, passionfruit and edible flowers and herbs, to serve
- Leaving bananas in their skin, place into the freezer. Put strawberries into a snap lock bag and freeze with banana for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth. Divide between two chilled serving bowls. Top with muesli, fresh fruit and flowers and herbs. Serve immediately.
For Vegan option, replace the yoghurt with coconut yoghurt.