Last minute Halloween costumes, inspired by pop culture
2019 has been a wild year. From memes to music videos, TV shows, and movies, there has been no shortage of pop culture moments that captivated the internet this year.
Whether it was Jenny from the block, aka Jennifer Lopez's career-defining role in Hustlers or Lil Nas X's viral hit Old Town Road, these highlights continue to be on everyone's minds as the year comes to an end, guaranteeing that some of these will make an appearance this Halloween.
Here is what we're predicting will be some of 2019's most popular Halloween costumes, and how you can easily recreate them.
For the ladies...
JENNIFER LOPEZ: HUSTLERS
Hustlers sure did provide some classic 2000’s fashion. J-Lo in a black Juicy Couture tracksuit and white Giuseppe Zanotti wedge sneakers, throwing money in the air as she got arrested was a highlight of the flick. The best part? You can easily transform into Ramona (Lopez’s character), here’s what you'll need:
- Cotton On Body bonded 7/8 tights in wet black
- Cotton On Body white workout yoga crop
- New Balance black fleece zip hoodie,
available.at Rebel Sport Spendless Shoes white trinity sports luxe sneaker
Don't forget to add that fake cash to complete the look
A BACHELOR CONTESTANT
There's really no doubt about it, The Bachelor franchise has reached pop icon status. There is drama, drama, and oh, more drama. If you enjoy the fine art of rose-giving and group dates, we have you covered for a batchy Halloween costume.
- Any dress from Sheike, however, to stand out, we recommend the Aprodite dress
- A pair of Billini heels will help complete the look, especially if they are from the new bridal range
- A rose, you can pick one up, faux from Roni's or real from Kim's Florist
ARIANA GRANDE IN 'THANK U, NEXT'
Leave it to Ariana Grande to make our beloved films like Mean Girls, Legally Blonde, Suddenly 30 and Bring It On relevant in 2019 with her 'thank u, next' music video. There's a lot of good looks to pull from, though we personally love the Legally Blonde bend and snap moment.
- Bardot feather bustier top will ensure you nail this look
- Bardot Sienna super high waist jeans
- Dotti crossing circles belt in orange tan
Don't forget to pop your hair in a super high ponytail
For the gents...
LIL NAS X
Lil Nas X's viral hit with Billy Ray Cyrus, 'Old Town Road' had several videos, and even remixes. FYI, we still aren't over them all. There are some many options to accessories here, do you prefer a toy horse, a money bag or, i don't know, an alien? Get creative!
- The black mylo shirt from Tarocash is a great base, add some fringing to the shoulders
- Black chinos from Connor
- An oversized belt with buckle from Myer
Don't forget to accessorise with too much bling and a cowboy hat
Remember when this egg on Instagram set out to break Kylie Jenner's record for the most liked photo? Yeah, well it happened, and became one of the most exciting news stories of early 2019.
There is two ways to do this:
1. Grab a Canningvale Antica Stonewash printed sheet set from Target in natural linen. We'd suggest cutting a whole to pop your head through
2. Take a oversized linen white shirt from Target, and stick a yellow plastic plate in the centre. Easy!
KANYE WEST, SUNDAY SERVICE
I'd be lying if I said that attending one of Kanye West's Sunday Services wasn't right at the top of my life goals list. Ye started holding the weekly pop-up church experience back in January 2019. The location changes regularly, but the service typically features a gospel choir, and combines the rapper's love of music, simplistic neutral fashion, and faith. Here's how you can steal West's look.
- An oversized white tee (alas, go up a few sizes) from Connor
- A pair of tobacco addison cuffed chinos in beige from Connor
- The coppito jacket from Politix
- Don't forget fresh Nike Air Force 1's from Platypus
Why not try a couple costume?
HAILEY AND JUSTIN BIEBER
With no official wedding photos released, we are relying on the insight given to us by the newlyweds on the 'gram. Word has it Hailey had FOUR different dresses, what a lucky lady. With it said to be the 'wedding of the year' Halloween is a chance for you and your boy to rock it just like these two lovebirds.
Don't forget to complete your look with a mini hair veil
If you really want to look the part, you can't go past some fake tattoo sleeves
'STRANGER THINGS' SCOOPS AHOY EMPLOYEES
The highlight of Stranger Things (season 3) was the friendship formed between Steve and Robin, who worked the counter of the nautical-themed ice cream parlor Scoops Ahoy in Starcourt Mall, the main location for much of the season's supernatural action.
- ZxZanerobe stripedd T-shirt from Target
- If you're playing Steve, Tommy Hilfiger boardshorts from City Beach
- If you're playing Robin, Moololaba Dana shorts from City Beach
- You'll both need a sailor hat, which you will no doubt find in Roni's
- Top it off with a name badge, and a red Innovare neck scarf from Myer