Car park update
A smarter parking experience is coming Thursday 18 October
Over the coming weeks, Westfield Kotara will be improving your parking experience by introducing licence plate recognition technology. This will mean there’ll be no paper tickets for faster, easier entry and exit, to get you out of the car and into the centre to do what you came for. The PARK+ parking experience will go live on Thursday 18 October.
Why are we making this change?
After talking with you we discovered that parking has been a challenge in the past and this new system will mean less congestion, easier entry and exits and a more efficient experience, all without the hassle of paper tickets.
You still have the first 3 hours free on us. Your parking will still be free if you stay for 3 hours or less. And you will still receive free parking after 6pm.
Register now for a fast and easy exit
Simply register with your licence plate number and credit or debit card now. When you finish your shopping experience, make your way straight to your car and exit without delay.
How will it work?
Licence plate recognition will record the time of entry upon your arrival. Those visiting for three hours or less will receive free parking and can drive straight out, with the boom gate opening automatically. If your visit is longer than 3 hours, the amount will be directly debited to the card provided.
What if you’re not registered?
If you’re not registered for PARK+ you can either:
• Enter your licence plate at one of our pay stations and pay with cash or credit card.
• Insert or tap your credit card at the exit gate.
Same day re-entry
If you exit the centre and want to return on the same day, there must be 45 minutes between exit and re-entry to receive another 3 hours free parking period.
Skip the queues
Register for PARK+ to avoid pay stations and get home faster – simply drive out, and if there are any parking fees due, we’ll automatically charge your card and email you a receipt.
No ticket needed, your licence plate is your new ticket
No more scrambling to find your ticket. No more fee for a lost ticket. No stopping at the entry gate. We take a picture of your number plate when you enter and exit the carpark.
Check entry time
Keep track of when you entered the car park by typing your number plate into a pay station near the centre entrances or the digital directory screens.
For more information please visit one of our Information Desks on Level 2, near Concierge, to speak with a member of our team.
We are working to improve your car parking experience in 2018 by adding more parking spaces and making it easier at our entry and exit gates. Work is currently underway and you may see some changes while construction is being carried out throughout the car park.
Please visit our weekly development update to find out what is happening in the car park, on the construction site and in centre. Read more here.
New car spaces now open
New car spaces are now open on Level 1 carpark outside St George Bank, Audio Clinic and Newcastle Permanent.
To access these car spaces, enter via the Cynthia Street entrance which is off Northcott Drive.
Within the new area there are six new disabled parking spaces. On Level 1 we now have 20 disabled car spaces available; ten outside The Cheesecake Shop, six in the new area opposite Newcastle Permanent and four near the Woolworths entry doors.
The spaces are just some of the 500 undercover spaces, which will open on Level 1 once development is complete.
Level 1 car park fresh food changes
There are temporary changes to traffic flow in the Level 1 fresh food car park due to essential development works. This parking area is accessible via the Park Ave traffic light intersection entry.
During this time please access the upper levels of car park by entering via:
- Park Ave express ramp - the first entry ramp after the traffic lights when coming from Northcott Drive. This entry will give you access to all upper parking levels.
- Cynthia St entry - this entry reopened in December along with more car spaces outside The Cheesecake Shop. This entry will give you access to all upper parking levels.
- Lexington Parade - access this entry by turning off Park Ave at the Shell petrol station. This entry will give you direct access to level 3 and 4 as well as access to lower parking levels.
Parking for The Rooftop restaurants and Event Cinemas
During core centre trading hours:
- Lexington Parade - access this entry by turning off Park Ave at the Shell petrol station, turn left upon entry and follow the restaurant/cinema signage
After core centre trading hours:
- Park Ave express ramp - the first entry ramp after the traffic lights when coming from Northcott Drive, park on any upper level and use lift to Level 3 or park on Level 3 at the entrance to The Rooftop
- Park Ave traffic light intersection entry - Level 1 outside Woolworths/Coles and use lift to Level 3
Core centre trading hours:
Monday: 9am - 5.30pm
Tuesday: 9am - 5.30pm
Wednesday: 9am - 5.30pm
Thursday: 9am - 9pm
Friday: 9am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Find out more via the links below:
Do you have a question?
Please do not hesitate to get in touch via email or phone - concierge.kotara@Scentregroup.com or 02 4016 2571.