Welcome to Spooneville
You may have noticed some new friends popping up in our community, ‘spoon people’ to be exact! Moonee Valley has been turned into Spoonee Valley, with the adorable spoon creations delighting us during our daily exercise.
Here’s how you can get involved and help Spoonee Valley grow.
Make your own spoon person
This is a fun activity to keep the kids busy at home. Here’s what you’ll need to get crafty:
• Body: A wooden spoon from Coles or The Reject Shop
• Face: Coloured markers from The Reject Shop or paint from Target.
• Arms and legs: Pipe cleaners or ribbon from Kmarthttps://www.westfield.com.au/knox/store/6KihhU2NQAgcKkWagmgEYK/kmart).
• Clothes: Felt from Kmart or any old socks or spare fabric you have at home.
• Tools: Scissors, paint brushes and glue from Kmart or Target.
• Extras: Your imagination is the only thing stopping you. Add beads, bows, buttons, artificial flowers, feathers, shells, tassels or anything else you wish.
Find a home
Once your spoon people are decorated, it’s time to find them a new home. Check out the Spoonville International Facebook page, where you can find spoon villages near you, and add your spoon person during your daily exercise.
Images: @mvamamas on Instagram