Recipe created by Simon Toohey for Australian Native Products
Photography by Charlotte Orr
Try this delicious recipe for your next summer soirée or barbecue.
- 70gm roasted macadamia nuts
- 2tbls red wine vinegar
- 1tsp dried lemon myrtle
- ½ bunch parsley roughly chopped
- 2 long red chillies diced, and seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 turns black pepper
- 40ml macadamia oil (or regular olive oil)
- Roasted macadamias
- 1 long red chilli, de-seeded and diced up
- Dusting of lemon myrtle powder
- Preheat oven to 200C degrees.
- Boil a pot of heavily salted water and place the cauliflower in, place the lid on and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes of the cauliflower is done, Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until the cauli is roasty toasty and delicious looking.
- In the meantime, in a blender or mortar and pestle add the macadamias blend till crumbly, take out 2 tablespoons worth and place in a bowl for later.
- Add in the red wine, parsley, lemon myrtle powder, long red chilli, garlic, salt and pepper and blend or grind to a rough paste. Pour into a bowl and add the oil, mixing everything together.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven, and let rest briefly.
- In a serving plate, mix the lemon myrtle chimichurri and place at the bottom of the plate. Tear apart the cauli and place on top, sprinkle over the fresh chilli and macadamias that were reserved along with the powder.