Recipe created by Rainbow Nourishments for Birch & Waite
Try this delicious recipe for your next summer soirée or barbecue.
- 2 ½ cups plain or all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup dairy free milk, such as almond, soy or coconut
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice and zest (about 2-3 lemons)
- 2 tbsp Birch & Waite Greek Lemon Dressing
- 1 ¼ cups (190g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Add all the wet ingredients except the berries and mix until just before it's combined.
- Add half of the blueberries and gently fold through. Pour the batter into a 20 cm round cake tin. Scatter the remaining blueberries on top and gently press them into the cake.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until you can poke a skewer in the middle and there's no wet batter on it. This is a moist cake so some crumbs on your skewer are fine.
- Allow the cake to cool in the cake tin for 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack. Dust the cake with icing sugar and serve!