Kumato® tomato, olive & eggplant bruschetta
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 4 x 500g kumato tomatoes, quartered
- 100g char-grilled eggplant, chopped
- 50g pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 50g stuffed green olives, chopped
- 8 thick slices wood-fired bread
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 2/3 cup eggplant dip
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Discard the seeds from the kumato® tomatoes, dice the flesh and place into a bowl. Add the eggplant and olives, toss gently to combine.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Grill both sides of bread until toasted. While hot, rub 1 side of each piece of toasted bread with the cut side of the garlic.
- Spread the eggplant dip over the bruschetta, top with kumato® mixture. Season with salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Serve.
- You can replace eggplant and olive with red onion and basil leaves for extra flavour.