Chocolate ripple caramello cheesecake
One of the Dairy Kitchen's most popular desserts, this easy 5 ingredient dessert makes a stunning finale to a happy celebration .
Preperation time: 30 minutes + chilling time | Serves: 6
- 250g cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 200g milk chocolate, melted
- 300ml tub thickened cream
- 250g packet plain chocolate biscuits (Ripple biscuits)
- 1/2 cup store bought salted caramel sauce or spread
- extra salted caramel, to serve
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm springform pan with cling wrap. Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and melted chocolate on medium speed, until combined. Add 1/2 cup of cream and beat for a further 2 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Arrange one third of the biscuits, ripple side down, over the base of the pan. Top with half the chocolate cream mixture and dollop with half the caramel. Repeat another layer of biscuits, chocolate cream and caramel. Finish with remaining biscuits. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours to allow the mixture to set and biscuits to soften.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate and remove cling wrap. Beat remaining cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spoon on top of cake and drizzle with extra salted caramel sauce.
For salted caramel, stir 1 teaspoon sea salt into the store bought caramel spread, (or season to your taste). For a darker, richer cake the milk chocolate can be substituted for dark chocolate.