Sesame beef, avocado and labne poke bowls
The best thing about this easy poke bowl recipe is our quick labne hack, which takes your typical labne prep time down from 2 days to 2 minutes.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups uncooked rice and quinoa medley mix
- 2/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon each of honey and lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 400g beef strips
- ½ cup light spreadable cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Greek style natural yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 150g green beans, blanched
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- black sesame seed, to serve
- Cook rice and quinoa mix according to packet instructions and allow to cool. (approx. 30 minutes)
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, honey, sesame oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Pour half of the dressing over the beef strips and marinate for 5-10 minutes (or as long as you can). Set aside remaining dressing.
- Combine the cream cheese and yoghurt in a bowl to make the cheat's labne and set aside. Spoon rice evenly into serving bowls and top evenly with cucumber, beans and avocado. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and stir-fry meat until browned and cooked through. Discard any excess marinade. Spoon meat evenly over bowls and top with labne mixture, spring onions and black sesame seeds.
To make this dish quicker, purchase pre-cooked sachets of rice and quinoa mix.