M.A.C. x Westfield Eid eyes tutorial
All eyes will be on you this Eid al-Fitr thanks to the talented team at M.A.C. They’ve created an easy-to-follow guide to get the perfect, shimmery glow on your lids to ensure you shine this festive season. Check out the video and more detailed steps below to achieve this look for Eid al-Fitr.
Prep and Prime: The base
It’s all about that base when it comes to sustaining your look all day, so start by cleansing skin with Softening Lotion, massage in Strobe Cream Moisturizer and apply Fast Response Eye Crème around the eyes. Pucker up those lips with Fix + to further hydrate.
Strong looks start with good foundations: The foundation
Apply Studio Fix Fluid Foundation with a #170 foundation brush and Studio Fix 24hr Smoothwear Concealer under the eyes and any imperfections to leave you with a natural, flawless finish. Set with Studio Fix Powder Foundation to lock it all in place.
Colour by numbers: The eyes
The M.A.C team have broken these steps down for you EVEN further, so you can achieve this Eid eyes look without fail at home.
• To help your shadow last all day – apply Prep & Prime 24hr Eye base with a #242 shader brush all over the lid from lashline to brow bone. Not only will your shadow last, but this will help the shadows blend together and prolong the wear of the eye makeup.
• Using ‘Nude Model’ Art Library eyeshadow palette, sweep ‘Tete a tint’ all over the lid and through the crease with a #224 blending brush.
• Use ‘Shroom’ and a #219 bullet brush for an inner corner highlight.
• Start to build intensity using ‘Espresso’ shadow and a #239 shader brush.
• Smudge ‘Brownborder’ Technokohl over the top for intensity, building gradually with Dance in the Dark shadow to intensify through the outer corner of the eye.
• Using ‘Outre’ and a #224 blend through the crease.
• Add ‘BrushBlack’ Brushstroke liner to create a winged liner. Start small and make the liner thicker as needed.
• Add ‘Extended Play – Perm me up Lash’ on top and bottom lashes for a full lash effect. Apply #48 lashes.
• Add ‘Reflects Pearl’ glitter to inner corners and mobile lid for extra shine and shimmer!
Get Cheeky: Contour, blush and highlight
Contour using Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in ‘Medium Golden’ to sculpt face using a #168 contour brush. Get that glow by highlighting with Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish and add colour to the cheeks using Warm Soul Mineralize blush & ‘Fairly Precious’ Extra Dimension blush.
Pucker up: The lips
Apply prep and prime lip primer and Whirl lip liner, add colour with ‘Smoked Almond’ lipstick and gloss over with ‘All Things Magical’ lipgloss
Seal the deal: The setting spray
Set with Fix + and voila, you’re Eid-ready look is complete!
M.A.C have listed the hero ‘must haves’ to achieve this look, making your shopping trip that much easier:
Left to right: 'All Things Magical' Lipgloss, Iridescent Glitter, 'Smoked Almond' Lipstick, Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, Strobe Cream, Fix +, Studio Fix Smoothwear Concealer, Art Library: Nude Model Palette, Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Foundation