101 guide to beating the winter blues
If it’s a cold winters day and you feel yourself coming down with a case of the winter blues, there is no need to fear because we have some great ways for you to start enjoying winter rather than dreading it.
Local area events
Follow your areas Facebook page if they have one, or get onto the councils website and check out what events they have on. Whether it’s a food and wine festival or dogs at the park event there is always bound to be something on in your local area or at least close by. It’s a great way to get out of the house and enjoy some time in the fresh air doing something you may not always do.
For fun and free entertainment over the cooler months, check out what's happening at Westfield Hurstville here.
Show a bit of self-love and spoil yourself with a facial, massage or anything that you don’t normally do for yourself. It will help you to get out of the house and you will leave feeling refreshed and revitalised. Even if it’s an art or cooking class, there is no time like the present to start doing the things you have always wanted to try.
Need some inspo?
Start prepping for summer this winter with Laser Clinics Australia - Specialising in laser hair removal, skin treatments and cosmetic injectables. Located on Level 3.
Enjoy some nail therapy at Pearl Nails, Ground Floor
- Invest in some massage equipment from OSIM - OSIM, #1 seller of high quality massage chairs offers various other kind of massagers like back massager, hand held massager, foot massager and various others. Located on Level 2.
Plan a dinner party
Don’t love leaving the warmth of your comfy home during winter but still want to spend the night with your friends? Not a problem, just invite them over for a dinner party. No need for an occasion, just make your own and enjoy the night without stepping a foot outside. Go all out with a theme to set the tone for the night or go for a more simple and relaxed setting, a great way to catch up with everyone.
- For all your fresh food essentials, head to Adams Apple, located on Level G
- For quality meats, check out MD Meat Market, located on Level G
- If Seafood will satisfy the cravings, head to Atlanic Seafood, located on Level G
- Pick up your part favourites from Deli-sh, located on Level G
At home entertainment
If you have the day off but don’t want to face the cold, it’s time to make your own fun at home. Here are 5 ideas to help turn your miserable cold day inside into one of the best:
- Start a board game or video game tournament
- Grab the blankets and pillows and have a movie marathon or start a new TV or podcast series
- Play card games
- Try to finish a ridiculously big puzzle
- Get cooking! Even hold a mini cooking competition.
Learn a new hobby
If you find yourself spending a lot of time indoors when it’s cold, use it as an opportunity to learn a new hobby or develop an existing skill. Open that cookbook that you always wanted to try, learn a new craft or even set yourself a goal to read books more often. There is only so much time you can spend snuggled up in your blankets, so make the most of your time.