Recipe created by Tom Walton for Australian Native Products
Try this delicious recipe for your next summer soirée or barbecue.
- 4 large chicken thighs - skinless, boneless
- 2 tsp 1.6mm cut dried lemon myrtle
- 2 tbsp flake sea salt1 medium zucchini
- 1 bulb fennel, fronds reserved
- ½ cup each picked mint & coriander
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- ¼ tsp 1.6mm cut dried lemon myrtle
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Flatbread and extra lemon to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp 1.6mm cut dried lemon myrtle
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt, fresh ground black pepper
- Soak 8 wooden skewers for at least 15 minutes in cold water or use metal ones if you have them.
- In a bowl combine the marinade ingredients, cut the chicken into 3cm pieces and add the chicken, some salt, pepper and mix to marinate well.
- Skewer the marinated chicken onto 8 wooden skewers, and if not cooking straight away, refrigerate up to 2 days, covered.
- Combine the 2 tsp lemon myrtle and 2 tbsp flake salt and store in an airtight container – you will need 1 tsp for this recipe.
- Preheat a BBQ or grill pan over a high heat. If in the fridge, remove the skewers 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cook the skewers for approx. 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes or so, then rest and keep warm.
- While the skewers are cooking and resting, finely slice the zucchini into ‘noodles’ and place into a mixing bowl. Finely shave the fennel and add to the zucchini. Roughly chop the herbs and any fennel fonds and add to the veggies along with ½ cup of the yoghurt, lemon myrtle, lemon juice, season to taste and mix everything well.
- Serve with the chicken, flatbreads, salad with remaining yoghurt and a dusting of lemon myrtle salt.