Classic spaghetti bolognese
Ti amo Bolognese! This version of the delicious Italian favourite will have you bookmarking the page for years to come.
Pick up everything you need to create this classic from Coles.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tinned peeled tomatoes
- 250g Spaghetti
- Grated tasty cheese to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add mince and cook, stirring to break lumps, for 10 minutes until browned. Stir in paste and peeled tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti following packet instructions until al dente. Serve spaghetti with bolognaise and top with grated cheese and parsley.
Tip: Kids may prefer shell pasta, as it is easier to eat with a spoon. For fun, add food colour to the pasta water. Drain. Add a small knob of butter and vegemite. Serve with grated cheese.
al dente pasta means that pasta is cooked to be firm to the bite.