Your guide to a Friday night in with F.R.I.E.N.D.S
A modern classic and the reason that you know every word to “I’ll be there for you”, Friends has influenced the binge-watching lives of many. With 236 episodes to get through, we’ve decided to dedicate a Friday night to celebrate the 25th anniversary of our favourite Friends. Could we BE more excited?
First things first, you’ll need to get comfy. Sadly, we don’t have Joey and Chandler’s BarcaLoungers, so instead we’ve opted to ditch the skin-tight Ross style leather pants and opt for that comfy oversized t-shirt. Take yours to the next level with a Friends t-shirt from Zara or Cotton On.Cotton On
Second, you’ll need some food! A lot of food, because like Joey, we don’t share food.
Instead of slaving away like Monica on Thanksgiving, we’re opting to pick up some take-away food from Kinn Thai or a pizza from Corbette & Claude.
Thirdly, you’ll want dessert, obviously! Try your hand Phoebe’s Grandmas cookies “Nestle Toulouse”, here’s the recipe.
• 2 ¼ cups plain flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 cup butter (softened)
• ¾ cup packed brown sugar
• 1tsp vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs
• 2 cups NESTLE TOLL HOUSE semi-sweet chocolate morsels
• 1 cup chopped nuts of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy
4. Add eggs to the butter and sugar, one egg at ta time, beating well after each addition
5. Gradually beat in the flour mixture
6. Stir in the chocolate and nuts
7. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
8. Roll cookie mixture into 1tbs sized balls and place on the baking tray
9. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown
10. Cool on a baking tray for a few minutes
11. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely
Now, we don’t expect you to watch the full 85 hours of Friends viewing available in one sitting, so we’ve pulled together some of our favourite episodes. Head to Instagram to vote on which is your favourite!
#10 The one with the cop (season 5, episode 16)
“PIVOT! PIVOT! PIVOT”. Enough. Said.
#9 The one with Ross’ sandwich (season 5, episode 9)
The episode where Ross’ boss eats his Thanksgiving leftovers sandwhich.
#8 The one where no one’s ready (season 3, episode 2)
Joey wear’s all of chandlers clothes, Phoebe gets hummus on her dress and monica leaves a voice message on her ex Richard’s phone.
#7 The one where Eddie won’t go (season 2, episode 19)
Chandler tries and fails to get his unstable room-mate to move out.
#6 The one with all the rumour (season 8, episode 9)
Brad Pitt stars as an old schoolmate of Ross and Monica’s who was bullied by Rachel.
#5 The one with Unagi (season 6, episode 17)
Ross has “Unagi”, a state of total awareness.
#4 The one with the routine (season 6, episode 10)
Monica and Ross perform a dance routine at the Dick Clark’s New Years’s Rockin’ Eve.
#3 The one where everyone finds out (season 5, episode 14)
Ross finally finds out that Chandler and Monica are secretly together.
#2 The one with the prom video (season 2, episode 14)
Monica unearths the video of her and Rachel’s prom.
#1 The one where Ross is fine (season 10, episode 2)
Ross is not fine.