1. Heat up a sandwich press until green light comes on.
2. To make the Russian dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly.
3. On each of the bottom slices of bread, spread about 1-2 tablespoons evenly to cover the bread. Divide the pastrami between the two slices.
4. Top with sauerkraut and add a slice of cheese to each sandwich. Top with the top halves of the bread.
5. Spray the sandwich press with spray oil, and place the sandwich in the sandwich press for 3-5 minutes, until lightly brown.
6. Allow to sandwich to cool slightly, and serve with gherkins and extra dressing.