To make the lamb…
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Place the lamb on a roasting tray. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper to the lamb and rub into the meat.
3. Cook in the oven for 45 mins or until the centre of the lamb reaches 65-70 degrees Celsius.
4. Remove from the oven and rest on the bench for 15 mins before refrigerating. (This can be done the day before)
5. When the lamb is cool, thinly slice the meat.
To make the salad…
6. Preheat the oven to 200C.
7. Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking tray. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Cook in the oven for 15 mins or until soft. Set aside to cool.
8. Drain the chickpeas and wash under cold water. Drain well, place in a baking tray and add remaining olive oil, cinnamon, turmeric, paprika, cumin, garlic, and 1 tsp salt. Mix together and bake for 15 mins, stirring once. Set aside to cool.
9. Add the onion, vinegar, roasted tomatoes, basil and feta cubes. Mix together and add the lamb and rocket. Place on a platter to serve.
To make the dressing…
To make the dressing, grate the cucumber into a bowl and add the yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Mix well and serve on the side.
Visit your local Jamaica Blue to try more recipes.