Sweet potato mash is an ideal accompaniment to many family meals - it is especially perfect for young children as they transition into eating more 'adult' foods.
Five reasons sweet potatoes are a super meal addition for little ones:
1. Bright eyes – Vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes and skin.1 One serve* of sweet potato provides young children (1-3 years) with their recommended daily intake of vitamin A1
2. Growing Bodies – Sweet potato is a source of folate, which helps healthy cell division and is particularly important during growth spurts1
3. Stop sniffles - A serve* of sweet potato provides young children with more than 60% of their recommended daily intake of vitamin C. 1 This essential vitamin is a key part of the immune system and plays an important role in helping to absorb iron from foods1,2
4. Strong muscles – Sweet potato is a source of magnesium, which is needed for healthy nerve and muscle functioning.
5. Healthy tummies – Sweet potato is good for little tummies. It is high in fibre to promote a healthy digestive system and to help keep kids regular.1
 NHMRC Nutrient Reference Values for Australia and New Zealand, 2006
2 Teucher B1, Olivares M, Cori H. Enhancers of iron absorption: ascorbic acid and other organic acids. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2004 Nov;74(6):403-19