1. For the stuffing, preheat oven to 180˚C. Roast almonds on an oven tray, shaking occasionally, until golden (5-7 mins) and set aside to cool.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender (7-10 mins). Add stock, orange rind and juice, and bring to the boil.
3. Add the wheat, reduce heat to low, cover and stir occasionally until tender (10-12 mins). Remove from heat, stand for two minutes, add remaining ingredients and fluff with a fork. Season to taste and leave to cool completely.
4. Rinse turkey under cold running water. Pat dry with absorbent paper and rub inside cavity with lemon and garlic (then discard). Spoon the stuffing into cavity, tie legs together with kitchen twine and tuck wing tips under backbone.
5. Rub butter over skin, season to taste and roast at 180˚C for roughly 1¾ hours. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 30 mins before serving.