1. To make the ravioli filling; Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 8 minutes until translucent. Set aside to cool, transfer to a bowl. Add remaining filling ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
2. For the ravioli pasta: On a clean surface, place flour in a mound and make a well in the centre. Add eggs and gently whisk with a fork, drawing in the flour as you go. Bring the dough together and knead for 5 minutes or until elastic and smooth. Sprinkle the dough with flour, wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 20-30 minutes to rest.
3. Set the pasta machine on the widest setting and flour the machine and dough well. Divide the dough into 4 portions and feed each portion through the machine by flattening it a little. Repeat 6 more times, folding the dough so it is the same width as the machine (at least 12cm). Continue to feed each dough narrowing the machine settings 1 notch at a time, until you reach the second last setting. The pasta should be about 1mm-thick.
4. Place one prepared pasta sheet on a well-floured work surface. Place heaped teaspoons of filling on the sheet leaving a 2cm border around edges. Brush around the filling with water – this helps keep the ravioli sealed. Top with a second pasta sheet and press firmly around the filling to seal and remove air pockets. Cut between each mound of filling to form 7cm square ravioli or use a 6cm round pastry cutter to form round ravioli. Transfer the ravioli to a tray sprinkled heavily with semolina (you can use baking paper instead).
5. Cook ravioli in batches of 10-12 for no longer than 4-5 minutes in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a greased tray, cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
6.To serve: Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan until sizzling; add mushrooms and sauté over high heat until just tender. Add kale, parsley and season well. Toss to combine. Spoon 5 ravioli into each serving bowl, top with and kale mixture. Drizzle with good quality extra virgin olive oil.
22 Grote Street, Adelaide, South Australia