1. Place scotch fillet on a plate. Pound garlic, lemongrass, chilli, coriander root and chopped stems in a mortar and pestle until it forms a paste. Stir in the oil and spread paste over beef and leave to marinate while you prepare the salad ingredients.
2. Chargrill beef on a BBQ hot plate or chargrill pan for 3 minutes per side. Rest and slice.
3. Cut kernels off corncob and place in a large bowl with wombok and kale in large
bowl. Mix fish sauce, lemon and brown sugar together. Drizzle half the sauce over the salad and toss to combine. Pour remaining sauce over rested slice beef.
4. Top salad with beef, shallots, peanuts, coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
• If you’re looking to feed a bigger crowd, try using a rump steak, which is just as tender and delicious.