Harissa Baked Chicken
45 mins. Serves 4-6.
- 3 tbs ghee or butter
- 1½ tbs harissa paste (I use the ‘Ferrero’ brand in a blue & white tube)
- 4 free range chicken breasts with skin on (organic if possible)
- Flaked sea salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Line a deep baking tray with baking paper.
- With the back of a spoon, spread the ghee along with half of the harissa paste over the baking paper.
- Place the chicken skin side up into the tray, on top of the ghee and harissa.
- Spread the remaining harissa paste over the top of the chicken with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the chicken with a generous amount of flaked sea salt.
- Pop the tray into the oven and bake for about 35 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Test that the chicken is cooked all the way through before removing from the oven.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the pan juices over the chicken and serve with your favourite salad or roast vegetables. In this recipe I’ve served my chicken with fresh rocket and goats cheese.