Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Prepare a round 27cm x 3cm baking dish by rubbing with 1 tsp canola oil and line with baking paper.
- Trim bread crusts and line the bottom of the baking dish and up the sides by cutting bread to fit baking dish, forming a crust.
- Beat the eggs, milk & pepper together and mix in remaining ingredients. Pour into the baking dish, brush remaining canola oil on the bread above the egg mixture and sprinkle reserved cheese evenly around the dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the centre is set.
- If the bread is browning too quickly loosely cover with baking paper.
- Serve with a large garden salad.