There are many ways to beat the heat when it comes to workwear, starting with these top tips:
- A sleeveless vest will become your best friend! Layer over any outfit to make it more professional.
- If you must wear a suit, jacket or pants, choose lighter shades that won’t attract heat.
- Deal with strict dress codes by opting for breezy pieces in corporate shades, like A-line skirts, culottes, short-sleeve blouses and shift dresses.
- If you can get away with it, switch from closed-toe pumps to heeled sandals to keep your feet cool!
- Look for breathable fabrics like cotton and linen when shopping for work staples.
Reduce stress and stay as cool as a cucumber with these three polished, stylish and professional outfits for a hot day in the office.
If pants are still a must in your work wardrobe, switch from heavy black trousers to cropped tapered pants in a summery print and lighter fabric. An easy way to style a print like this is to choose a colour from the print and add this again into your outfit. To smarten your look up a bit more, add a sleeveless vest – it’s just as office-appropriate as a blazer but much cooler.