Whether you've been flipping through magazines, following the street style from Sydney's Fashion Week or even been on a shopping trip recently, you've probably noticed that denim overalls (or dunagarees, as they're also known) are a big deal at the moment. Like many daring trends though, they can be tricky to wear, and we're often left standing in front of our wardrobe wondering what to wear them with and whether we can actually pull them off.
Today we show you just how easy styling denim overalls can be, but first, some tips to getting this daunting trend right:
- Try on both a wide-leg and slim-leg overall to see which ones suit your shape better.
- Like all denim, darker washes are great for hiding any lumps and bumps!
- Avoid sandblasting and large pockets which can add bulk to your lower half.
- Help yourself appear taller and elongated by pairing your overalls with high heels or heeled boots.
- Choose your style: if you're feminine, opt for a longline coat, heels and ladylike accessories. If you're more of a tomboy, a t-shirt, bomber jacket and sneakers works perfectly!