Look in my wardrobe and you’ll spot too many pairs that are only slightly different. I KNOW my denim shorts; the washes, the cuts, the lengths, who they suit and where to find them. I’ve rounded up a few of my favourite pairs – all available in store or on westfield.com.au. Read on for tips on how to choose the best pair for you.
Which pair is your fave? (You can probably guess mine with three mentions!)
French Connection Chambray Shorts $89.95
Ksubi Albuquerque Cut Off in Pop Purple $50
David Jones Maison Scotch Patch Denim Shorts $118
Ksubi Albuquerque Cut Off in Altered Floral $50
Bardot Williamsburg Shorts $60
Factorie Twiggy Shorts $29.95
Co. by Cotton On Folk Repaired Shorts $39.95
Sass & Bide Rock the Boat Shorts $220
Ksubi Albuquerque Cut Off in Americana $50
Here’s a few shopping tips on how to choose the best pair of denim shorts:
1. Dark washes distract the eye while bright and light washes and prints attract. If you like to keep eyes away from your bum, hips and thighs, opt for a super dark indigo or black denim. Love your legs? Choose a snow wash.
2. Embellishments, stone washing, colour fading and big pockets all add junk to your trunk so avoid these if you can.
3. To make your thighs appear slimmer, go for an A-line style short that gives your legs room to move (the French Connection ones are great). Anything too tight will squeeze your legs and definitely won’t flatter.
4. It’s not all about the teeny tiny short. There are plenty of longer lengths – mid-thigh and knee-length – that are just as cute! I love the relaxed boyfriend fit styles with plenty of rips.
5. Try on a few pairs and decide whether you suit high-waisted or hipster shorts. I tend to prefer high-waisted because it smooths your middle and eliminates muffin top!