When you’re right in the middle of summer (or worse, a HEATWAVE!) the last thing you probably feel like wearing is makeup. That’s because when it’s this hot, we associate makeup with thick foundation, heavy powders and melting eyeliner, amiright!? But it doesn’t have to be like this!
I caught up with the team from Westfield Chermside’s Napoleon Perdis concession store who chatted me through the biggest trends, their favourite picks and what to do when you’ve only got five minutes to do your face – all totally appropriate and comfortable in the scorching heat!
1. Contouring couture: The biggest focus for NP this season, it’s all about keeping things simple and enhancing your best features.
2. Natural summer look: Sharpen your cheekbones, fill in your brows and add a swipe of gloss.
3. Earthy tones: Bronze and nude are the colours du jour from eyes to cheeks to lips.
TOP 5 SUMMER PICKS
1. Boudoir Mist Spray Foundation: Great for warmer weather as it’s light and long-lasting. Simply spray and go!
2. Auto Pilot BBB Cream SPF30: A hybrid of HD foundation, anti-aging moisturiser and a broad spectrum sunscreen, it’s extremely light with enough coverage to correct your skin.
3. Camera Finish: It has enough coverage so you can skip your liquid foundation, but isn’t too heavy either. Great for your purse to touch up in the heat!
4. Auto Pilot Radiance-Boosting Primer: Napoleon says “not to prime is a crime!” so add this before or after your base for a dewy glow.
5. DeVine Goddess Lipstick in Hara (bright orange): If you feel like red is a bit much for summer, swap it for a pop of orange or pink – it’ll suit your summer tan and fresh face perfectly.
ONLY GOT 5 MINUTES?
1. First, swipe on the Off-Duty Tinted Moisturiser to correct your skin and give yourself a healthy glow.
2. Add colour and contour your cheeks with Mosaic Blushing Powder.
3. Open your eyes up and create definition with Magnif-Eyes Mascara.
4. Finally, slick on a layer of Luminous Lip Veils or DeVine Goddess Lipstick in a super bright shade.