Men always say women look better without makeup.
Ha! We shake our heads and tsk, tsk, tsk, because we know creating that ‘no makeup’ look actually requires one hour and about 27 beauty products. Am I right?! Even though that’s the case, we’re still willing to put in that time and effort for the finished result – a flawless, glowing, bronzed base with bold brows that Bambi Northwood-Blythe would be jelly of.
Napoleon Perdis is one makeup artist that swears by a nude base, ‘couture contouring’ and au naturale brows. Here are some of his tips for getting the look down pat:
1. Prep your skin with a primer (remember – not to prime is a crime!)
2. Apply a medium coverage foundation on the T-zone and brush outwards.
3. Conceal any blemishes and under-eye circles.
4. Dust the T-zone with powder to set (avoid the high points of the face to maintain radiance).
5. Comb brows and feather the pencil onto the brow against the growth of the hair. Comb through, then fill in again in the direction of hair growth.
These are some of my favourite, tried-and-tested products to get that natural makeup aka ‘off-duty model’ look:
Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream $50
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette (I picked this one up on an overseas trip, but find more similar eyeshadow palettes HERE)
Crabtree & Evelyn Moisturising Cream $35
The Body Shop Face and Body Brush $32.95
Crabtree & Evelyn All Purpose Balm $16
My Chemist Rimmel Brow Pencil in Hazel $4.25
Jurlique Purely White Skin Brightening Spot Treatment $50
LUSH Liquid Eyeshadow in Sophisticated $24.95
Jurlique Purely White Skin Brightening Essence $80
Priceline Savvy by DB Mosaic Jumbo Bronzer $9.99
Priceline Models Prefer Essential Brow Kit $12.95
The Body Shop Brow and Lash Comb $14.95
*Feature image and tips from napoleonperdis.com.au