1. Start with a smooth base, free of fly aways. Either blast dry your hair with your Jennifer by halo hair dryer or lightly straighten with your straightening iron.
2. Prepare the hair by spraying with Matrix Shape Maker Spray. This amazing stuff sets the hair and has memory technology to ensure hair stays intact.
3. Next, grab your Kate by halo straightener and start curling. The trick to textured waves with a straightening iron is to pull the hair down in one direction, twist into a semi circle and pull down. This way you create a simple wave, rather than big curls.
4. To give the waves volume, tease the hair with two hands – grab small sections of hair at a time and work the fingers in an upwards direction until you can’t tease any more hair.
5. Break up the waves by pinching the roots of the hair. This ensures the waves aren’t to piecey and allows them sit like you totally just jumped out of the salty ocean and your hair dried like a mermaid. Don’t laugh, that’s the aim of Lara B hair.
6. Finish by spraying your new fabulous ‘do with Matrix Freezing Spray. It’s all in the name – it keeps hair in place all day and night.
Bonus tip: If you want an even quicker way to create this look, plait your hair in sections and run your straightener directly over the plaits. Undo and give you hair a good shake!
A big thank you to Hairhouse Warehouse for my new look x