How to create an adorable Christmas box for kids
There is something incredibly exciting about the beginning of December. It’s starting to get hot, the scent of mangoes fills the air and Christmas magic has arrived without the late-December hustle and bustle. It’s one of the best times to sit back and embrace the fun of the festive season.
So when decorate-the-tree-day rolls around, why not pop on your favourite carols and mark the occasion with a little Christmas box for the kids to open to kickstart a joyful month?
There are so many things you could include to celebrate the start of the silly season, from Christmas books to fairy lights, or craft projects like DIY baubles to advent calendars. This is precisely the time to let your imagination run wild.
Here are some of our top suggestions to get you started:
- New Christmas PJs, because who doesn’t want to spend all of December looking at reindeer-clad kiddies?
- A new Christmas tree decoration for each child. Choose one that you can write the year and the child’s name on. This little tree has a wooden base that is perfect.
- A Christmas cup or drink bottle, to use on those sweltering summer nights or for mango breakfast smoothies.
- Some sweet treats to enjoy while decorating the tree. Candy canes are our top pick, of course, but anything Christmas-related will do.
- And don’t forget, The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition! Whether your family already has a returning Scout Elf, or you are first-time elf adoptees, the 1st of December is the day for them to arrive. And seriously, what better transport could a Scout Elf want than in a special Christmas box?