Summer cocktail recipe: passionfruit and watermelon margarita
Prep time: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup fresh passionfruit pulp (or 7–8 fresh passionfruit)
- 500g watermelon flesh
- 1/4 cup (60mL) lime juice
- 120mL silver tequila
- 60mL triple sec (orange liqueur)
- Watermelon pieces
- Lime wedges
- Coarse salt
- Blend watermelon flesh until very smooth. Pass juice through a sieve if desired, discarding any solids.
- Add watermelon juice, passionfruit pulp, lime juice, tequila and triple sec to a jug with a handful of ice. Stir well.
- Pour salt onto a small plate until it's 0.5cm deep. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass and dip immediately into the salt. Fill the salt-rimmed glass with ice. Repeat lime and salt rim with remaining glasses.
- Divide margarita mixture across the glasses. Garnish with watermelon and lime to serve.
- For a mocktail alternative: omit the tequila and triple sec, add 1/4 cup (60mL) fresh orange juice and 1 cup (250mL) sparkling water. Skip step 3, as the salt is not required.