Gluten free choc chestnut brookie
Serves: 18 Biscuits
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 1 cup hazelnut meal (95 g)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (25 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed (75 g)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive oil (80 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 - 9 fresh chestnuts, roasted or boiled, chopped (100 g; 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (50 g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Combine hazelnut meal, cacao powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- In a jug, whisk together sugar, egg, oil and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir vigorously. Fold through chocolate chips and chopped chestnuts.
- Scoop chocolate mixture onto the prepared tray with a tablespoon measure.
- Bake 10 minutes, cool on tray 1 minute before moving onto a rack. Repeat with any remaining batter.
If chestnuts are out of season, substitute with an equal quantity of another chopped tree nut.