The perfect homemade pancakes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk, plus extra if required
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Berries, yoghurt and maple syrup, to serve
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl, make a well in the centre and whisk in milk and egg, until well combined. Use extra milk to adjust the consistency of the batter to produce thinner pancakes if desired. Rest batter for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large fry pan and pour excess into the pancake mixture, briefly whisk to combine. Pour 1⁄4 cup pancake mixture into fry pan, cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until lots of bubbles form and begin to break. Flip pancake and cook on the other side until puffed and set. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hotcakes with your favourite yoghurt, berries and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.