T2: porridge with tea-poached pears
Time: 30 Minutes
10 teaspoons French Earl Gret
400ml boiling water
180g caster sugar
4 small pears, peeled, stems intact
500ml cold water
Pinch of salt
- Add French Earl Grey to boiling water and infuse for 8 minutes. Strain, then transfer tea to a small saucepan. Stir in sugar to dissolve.
- Add pears to tea and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until pears are softened.
- Remove pears, and leave the tea mixture to simmer for another 10-20 minutes until reduced and slightly syrupy.
- Place oats and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, add salt and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly until thick and creamy. Remove from the heat and stir in cream.
- Divide porridge between bowls, top each bowl with 1 pear and drizzle the tea syrup over the top.