Beef and cabbage stir fry with easy fried rice
By Australian Beef.
You’ll be coming back for more with this delicious take on fried-rice.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 500g beef stir fry strips
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 x 250g packets microwave brown rice and chia 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into 3cm lengths
- 150g sugar snaps, halved diagonally
- 1/4 small Chinese cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey, coriander sprigs, lime wedges, to serve
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into pan and cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly golden. Set aside on a plate and thinly slice.
- Prepare rice according to packet instructions.
- Add rice, peas, green onions and egg to same pan over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same large, non-stick frying pan, heat half the oil over high heat. Cook beef, in 2 batches, for 1-2 minutes or until browned and tender. Set aside on a plate covered with
5. Reduce heat to medium-high, add remaining oil to pan and cook red onion and ginger for 1 minute. Add asparagus and sugar snaps and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are nearly tender. Add cabbage and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
6. Return beef to pan, add Shaoxing wine, vinegar, soy and honey and toss to coat.
7. Divide rice between plates, top with stir-fry, sprinkle with extra spring onions, coriander sprigs and serve with lime wedges.
You can slice rump, scotch fillet, sirloin or fillet of beef to make your own stir-fry strips. Swap asparagus and sugar snaps for snow peas and Asian greens.
Use any type of leftover or microwave rice for the fried rice.