Eat like a Khaleesi with this Game of Thrones inspired recipe
After a long wait out in the cold, it is finally here – the last season of everyone’s favourite show, Game of Thrones. Whether you are #TeamCersei or #TeamDany, everyone can agree that television will not be the same after the launch on April 14.
To help provide your friends and family with a fully immersive experience while you binge on the last season, Australian Lamb has shared this GoT inspired recipe. This delectable meal, fit for a Khaleesi, is the perfect accompaniment while watching the fight for the Iron Throne.
Lambsey Bolton Cultlets: herb crusted lamb racks with chargrilled vegetable salad
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 60 minutes
- 4 Frenched lamb racks (3-4 cutlets in each)
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp pesto
- Roasted vegetable salad
- 500g kipfler potatoes, washed and halved
- 250g baby carrots
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 80g baby kale leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes, carrots and oil in a bowl, toss well to combine and place in a single layer on a large oven tray. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes and carrots and add the red onion. Roast for 15 minutes before adding pine nuts and roasting for a further 5 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
Place lamb in a roasting dish. Combine breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and pesto in a bowl and mix well. Press evenly over lamb racks.
Roast lamb uncovered for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C and cook for a further 15-20 minutes (medium rare) or until desired doneness. Remove lamb and cover loosely. Rest for 5 minutes before cutting the racks into cutlets.
Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing lemon juice, oil and mustard. Add kale to the vegetable mix and pour over the dressing. Toss gently to combine and serve alongside the lamb.
- Once cooked, it is recommended to rest for 1 minute per 100g of lamb
- If you have leftovers, you can serve the next day with a nice garden salad